Monday, April 6, 2009

Back from Immersion

I just got back from the immersion. I can't believe it that I survived the two weeks in a not so familiar place. Looking back, I think I wouldn't survived that two weeks without my groupmates and friends. A lot of things had happened in two weeks time. I can't imagine that I've just done the things I'm not usually doing at home, like cleaning the CR, surrounding, room, washing the dishes, etc. I even ate the foods I don't feel like eating.

The immersion learning experience was something different. The setup of learning is not inside the classroom nor the hospital setup, its within the community, to be specific a community that is less fortunate. Its a community nursing actually.

However, in our immersion, we also had the chance to tour in a place where the people are forgotten and hated. I'm not talking about the cemetery! I don't know how to describe that place in a nice way... We had the chance to tour the NBP (NEW BILIBID PRISON), if you don't know that place it is found in Muntinlupa City. It is where the criminals are kept. We had the chance to see what's inside the NBP. We went inside the maximum, and medium and their museum plus we went to the Lethal Injection room, it is the exact place where the criminals are punished death lethally. We had a chance to mingle with the prisoners in the medium but not in the maximum. They even had a small program prepared for us. Seriously, those people inside are sort of harmless. But at first, I'm really really scared because of the fact that they have done somethings that is harmful. At the end of the tour I've realized that people had a chance to change, although it is known that whatever they've done from the past cannot be corrected... All they can do is to change for the better and not to commit the same mistakes again and again. In the lethal injection room, it gives me a creep. Seeing the exact place where they killed the criminals via lethal injection.

Oh well, till here... I'll just continue this post some other day... I'm quite tired...

No comments:

Post a Comment